All you need to know about Spain's Golden Visa
What is a Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa is a residence visa for those non-EU, non-EEA and non-Swiss citizens who make a real estate investment in Spain for an amount equal to or greater than 500,000 euros, tax free.
The regulations do not specify that the investment has to be made in a single property, so that amount could be the addition of several real estates.
It grants the applicant a permit to reside and work in Spain for one year (with possible renewals to extend its duration), if the investment has already been made; or six months, if the operation still has not been formalised but there is a deposit contract. In addition, if requested, residence is also granted to the family of the applicant (spouse and minor or dependent adult children).
Requirements to obtain Spain's Golden Visa
The applicant, in order to obtain the Golden Visa, must comply with the following requirements:
- To be of legal age (+18 years old).
- To have no criminal record in the last 5 years.
- To not have been denied the entry to any of Schengen countries or to any other state which Spain has agreements with.
- To not have illegally entered or remained in Spanish territory.
- To have public or private medical insurance that covers his/her stay.
- To own enough funds to maintain him/herself and the members of his/her family, if applicable.
Rights and benefits
The processing to get the Golden Visa is quick and easy and, in addition, it grants the beneficiary a series of rights, such as:
- Possibility to reside in Spain, but no obligation, for one year.
- To work in Spanish territory.
- Free movement through Schengen countries.
- Opportunity to bring his/her relatives (spouse, minor or dependent adult children, as well as dependent parents).
If you want to get your Spain's Golden Visa through a real estate investment, at Voymus we can help you.
At your side throughout all the process, we find the property you need and we manage all the necessary documentation so that you can enjoy your new home in our country.
Enjoy your new home in Spain with Voymus.